How to provide Agency access to your GoDaddy account.
Being able to access your domain name is a very important step for anyone developing your website. Without this access, your developer will not be able to connect your website to your domain name.
On GoDaddy, they refer to this process as “Delegating Access”. Providing “Delegate Access” is a much better solution than providing your username or password for the account access. With your username and password, you’re providing free reign to your account and your assets, we highly advise against going that route. Instead, Delegate Access.
You can Delegate Access to anyone (like your web designer or developer). Once access is provided, these “Delegates” will be able to view and use your products, but they will not be able to view or change account information like your payment methods and passwords. This makes Delegating Access a much safer method of providing access to your domain name and/or GoDaddy products.
Steps To Provide Access
Go to your GoDaddy Account Settings. If you’re not already logged in, you’ll be prompted to log in.
Scroll Down & Click Delegate Access.
In the “People who can access my account” section, click Invite to Access.
Enter the Name and Email address for the person you’re inviting. In the case of Sound Alliance Creative Studios, use the email email@example.com. Then choose which Access Level you are providing. View an explanation of access levels if necessary.
Click Invite and you’re done! GoDaddy will send the person an email invitation to access your account. Once the person accepts, you will be notified as well by GoDaddy. That’s it!
- As the account owner, you can change a delegate’s access level at any time.
- You can also remove a delegate from your account at any time.
- Here’s how to request access to someone else’s account.
- Learn more about delegate access.
- Delegates must have a GoDaddy account to accept your invitation. We’ll ask them to create an account if they don’t have one.
- Pending invitations can’t be canceled, and expire if not accepted within 48-72 hours.